Editor’s Choice: Scroll below for our monthly blend of mainstream and alternative May 2020 news and views
Note: Excerpts are from the authors’ words except for subheads and occasional “Editor’s notes” such as this.
- Washington Post, President erupts at George Conway for video about the ‘deadly virus Trump ignored,’
- New York Times, Trump Administration Signals It Will Wind Down Virus Task Force
- Washington Post, Kushner virus effort said to be hampered by inexperienced volunteers
- Washington Post, Fact Checker Analysis: Trump trots out two claims attacking Obama during Fox town hall
- Washington Post, Trump’s pick for intelligence chief pledges in Senate hearing to keep politics out of job
- Washington Post, Trump cheers on governors as they ignore White House guidelines in race to reopen
- Washington Post, Americans widely oppose reopening most businesses, poll finds
- Washington Post, Analysis: Fox News, Trump allies keep floating debunked theories about an inflated virus death toll
- Washington Post, As virus spreads in jails and prisons, correctional officers fear for themselves and their loved ones
- Washington Post,15 children in NYC have developed an unusual inflammatory syndrome linked to covid-19
- Washington Post, Kim Jong Un appears to be alive after all. So why did CNN and other news outlets report he was on his deathbed?
- Washington Post, Philippines closes down its largest broadcaster
- Washington Post, Venezuela’s Maduro says American ‘mercenaries’ held in attempt to incite rebellion
Washington Post, President erupts at George Conway for video about the ‘deadly virus Trump ignored,’ Fred Barbash, May 5, 2020. George T. Conway III, prominent attorney and husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, has been trying with only modest success to provoke President Trump’s Twitter wrath for the better part of his presidency. He finally succeeded close to 1 a.m.…