Editor’s Choice: Scroll below for our monthly blend of mainstream and November 2023 news and views
Note: Excerpts are from the authors’ words except for headlines and occasional “Editor’s notes” such as this.
- New York Times, Hundreds of Dual Nationals and Injured Gazans Cross Into Egypt
- Washington Post, Strikes on refugee camp leave hundreds dead and injured, Gaza Health Ministry says
- New York Times, Criticism of Israel intensifies as the death toll from airstrikes rises
- New York Times, Blinken to Push Israelis for ‘Humanitarian Pauses’ in the War
- Washington Post, Gaza becomes a ‘graveyard for children’ as Israel intensifies airstrikes
- New York Times, A campaign of extremist settler violence is pushing the West Bank to the brink
- New York Times, Opinion: Israel, the I.R.S. and the Big Grift, Paul Krugman
- New York Times, Israel-Hamas War: House Passes Aid Bill for Israel but Not for Ukraine
- Washington Post, FBI director pushes back sharply against critics in new interview
- New York Times, F.B.I. Raids Home of Eric Adams’s Fund-Raising Chief
- New York Times, 2 Trump Sons Testify in Fraud Case Aimed at Their Family Business
- Washington Post, A transformed Trump family will take center stage in a New York courtroom
More On Israel’s War With Hamas
- New York Times, “In Egypt now. Free!” The first evacuees from Gaza expressed relief and gratitude
- New York Times, Why is the Rafah border crossing so important for Gaza?
- New York Times, U.S. Drones Are Flying Over Gaza to Aid in Hostage Recovery, Officials Say
- New York Times, Risk of a Wider Middle East War Threatens a ‘Fragile’ World Economy
- New York Times, After Years of Vowing to Destroy Israel, Iran Faces a Dilemma
- Politico, Netanyahu may not last, Biden and aides increasingly believe
- New York Times, A Democratic pro-Israel group began airing attack ads aimed at Representative Rashida Tlaib, a leading critic of Israel
- Washington Post, Opinion: Reducing Hamas’ terrorism to a problem of ‘evil’ is a mistake, Shadi Hamid
- Washington Post, Barbara Lee urged restraint after 9/11.